It ensures that you have a positive and safe experience and that you feel confident when using our services.
For El Septimo, protecting confidentiality and guaranteeing the respect of your personal data is essential.
We protect your privacy by ensuring the protection, confidentiality, non-alteration, availability, and security of the data you entrust to us through all our communication channels.
To this end, we apply technical and organizational measures in accordance with applicable data protection law.
- Customer of El Septimo: you have already placed an order via the El Septimo website.
- Prospect of El Septimo: you have created a customer account but have not yet ordered any products or services.
- Visitor to El Septimo: you browse the El Septimo website without having created a customer account or placed an order.
1. WHO ARE WE?
El Septimo is a subsidiary of the Younan Company, represented by Mr. Zaya S. Younan, as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and headquartered at 21900 Burbank Boulevard, Woodland Hills, California, 91367.
Younan Company publishes the El Septimo website and, as such, processes your data in various ways as the controller.
2.WHEN DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
2.1. Why do we collect your personal data?
We may collect your data when:
- You create an account on the El Septimo website.
- You buy our products.
- You subscribe to our newsletters by email.
- You use our form on the contact page when you have a question or want to become one of our retailers.
We process your data in order to:
- Offer you the most fluid and relevant navigation experience possible.
- Process your orders (See 2.2)
- Secure your payments.
- Answer your request or to become one of our resellers with as many details as possible when you go through our form on the contact page.
- Manage your customer reviews in order to offer you the possibility to leave reviews on the El Septimo site and share them with the customer community.
- Send you our promotions and information about the brand or the El Septimo website when you subscribe to our Newsletters.
2.2. Processing your orders
We process your data within the framework of:
- Customer relationship management.
- Management of transport and deliveries resulting from sales.
- The management of the payment of orders.
- The establishment of the invoicing of your order.
- The management of marketing/commercial prospecting actions related to the use of the El Septimo site.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
Different internal departments of El Septimo can have access to your data.
We do not share your data with third parties except in the following specific circumstances.
Regarding the processing of your orders, we transmit your data to certain service providers specialized in:
- Banking transactions (e.g. banks, payment service providers).
- The delivery of products (e. g. carriers).
- IT development.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your data is kept by El Septimo only for the necessary time to carry out the processing operations described in paragraphs 2.
We only store your personal data insofar as and for as long as is required for us to perform our services or to the extent that we are required to do so by law. Personal data that you provide directly to us by ordering products or publications, registering on the website, sending us an e-mail, or subscribing to our email subscription services will be used to create your profile, respond to your message, or provide the information requested. Similarly, if you order a product from us, we will collect your name and mailing address to fulfill your order.
5.WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
5.1 Your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access and rectification of your data.
- Request the limitation of the processing of your data (See 5.2).
- Request the deletion of your data (See 5.3).
- Object to the use of your data for commercial prospecting purposes (See 5.4).
- Ask for the portability of your data.
5.2. Limiting the processing of your data
In the case of a data limitation request, you must dispute the accuracy of your data during the period in which we can verify the accuracy of the data.
You may also assert your right if we no longer need your data for the processing operations referred to in paragraph 2, but they are still necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of your legal rights.
5.3 Deleting your data
In the event of a request to delete your data, El Septimo will have to keep it in the form of an intermediate archive. This is for the period necessary to satisfy its legal, accounting, and tax obligations.
5.4. The use of your data for commercial prospecting purposes
If you are concerned by e-mail prospecting, you can unsubscribe from newsletters by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” hypertext link on each newsletter.
5.5 How to assert your rights
If you wish to access, delete, rectify, or perform a portability of your data, you can use the form available on this link:
For a request to rectify your data, you can contact us at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you a reply within a maximum of 48 hours following the date of receipt of your request.
6.1 What types of cookies are present on our site
There are several types of cookies that you may encounter while browsing El Septimo:
- Essential cookies: Indispensable for navigation and proper execution of the ordering process.
Removing them may cause navigation difficulties on our site or the impossibility of placing an order.
- Functionality cookies. They are not essential but optimize the user experience of the site.
Removing them will not cause any navigation difficulties, but will remove some practical functions such as automatic language switching according to your browser language.
- Analytics cookies. They are there to improve the site according to your needs and to match our offers to your expectations.
Removing them will not change your navigation.
6.2 Manage cookies placed on your device
You have the choice at any time to accept or refuse that one or more cookies be stored on your device except those necessary for the operation of the site.
This can be done either through our configuration tool available on our website or with the configuration tool of your browser software.
6.3. The choices available to you through our tool
With our tool, you can choose which cookies can be placed on your website.
If you have already accepted our cookies and would like to change your choice, simply click on the small gear on the home page.
7. TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
We store your data within the European Union, Switzerland and the United States only.
We do not transfer your data to any other third country.
We implement a variety of technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We also protect your information offline in the same way. Personal information is only accessible to employees who use it for specific purposes (for example, invoicing, preparing an order, or sending newsletters). Devices and servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a secure environment.
9.REVIEW AND UPDATE OF THE POLICY
Our policy will be updated whenever it will be necessary to meet the various requirements of data protection regulations.
Last update date: 09/27/2019